Friday, December 28, 2012

My First Short Story

Here is a story I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed wirting it

It was a cold winter night there was a storm brewing up outside; which made the windows rattle. The storm felt unnatural  to me like some one was conjuring it up. I wonder who would want a storm of this magnitude. Since it was so late into the night I did not wonder for to long. So I make sure the windows and door were locked tight. I do not want the storm to throw them open and for and added protection I place a protection sigil on each one just to make sure. When I awoke the next day I was glad to see that my house was exactly the way I left it when i went to bed. So off to face the world.
I had a few chore to get done to today that i could not put off so I got me a glass of tea and lite my cigarette and got ready for the day.

So waiting for my friend Sally to pick me up and take me to a few stores to get things for the household. While we were at the Walmart Sally got a a call from our coven mate Mike. Mike was rambling on about some crazy dreams he had last night I told him we would call him back when we were in the car. No sooner then the call with Mike ended I got a text message from Jan say "911 CALL ME SOMETHING WEIRD HAPPEN" I looked at Sally and asked her "What the Hell is going on!". Sally said i don't know but something is off I could not sleep at all last night and my cat Shadow was bouncing off the wall all night last night I though it was just the storm"  I looked at here and said "You are right it was the storm. but I am not  what not quite sure what but that storm was not natural. So let get out of here and call Mike and Jan." On the way to cheek out I told Sally we need to grab some white candles so i grabbed like 12 white tappers and went to cheek out.
The clerk that rang us up was a woman in her middle 40's. She was making small talk and the chat came around to last nights storm and the clerk said in a low whisper that there was power to be had now the challenge has begun." I paid for my purchase and head out the door with a polite thank you and have a blessed day."

So back in the car we called Mike and Jan and had a conference. Mike had dreams of him ruling the world as a very powerful  wizard. Jan could not sleep at all and here cat was running all night long and hissing at nothing. And the crazy message  from the clerk I sent Sally back in to talk to the clerk but the clerk had no memory of saying those words to me at all. This tells me that some thing magickal was going on. So I call for a coven meeting for tomorrow night. which would give me some time to look in to things a bit.

I had Sally take me to the shop. I own a pagan and witchcraft shop called the Magick Shop. Seth was working in the shop today. I walk up to him and gave him a kiss. Seth is my business partner and boyfriend. I ask Seth how did he sleep and what did he think of the storm. Seth told me that he had some weird dreams and all his magickal alarms were going off. Seth is a genius when it comes to magickal alarms systems. So he was up all night cheeking then because they keep going off for no reason yet there had to be a reason for it. I was going to get to the bottom of this

In the back of the Magick Shop .was a few rooms my office, class space, and then there the temple That I provide for the community and my coven Circle of the Mystic Cauldron. As I headed to the back I stopped at the herb counter and grabbed some eyebright mug wort and a few other scrying herbs and went to my office. There were several messages left for me on my desk, most of them were about the Storm. I knew what I had to do  so I grabbed my Book of Shadow off the bookshelf. As I flipped threw the pages I felt the magick of wisdom past start to stir. I looked up the scying incense recipe; and started to grind the herbs. I noticed that i forgot to grab any sandalwood oil so I had to get up and get some. When I went back in the the shop to get the oil I noticed this very cute  yet dark man flirting Seth and talking about obtain power and how when power is to be had nature becomes unbalanced and there a chance for storms when there should not be  and other strange weather patterns. So I walked over and joined their conversation. and asked this guy "what kind of power is there to be gained."  His reply was "the power of all power the power of qwerty." I said "Ok" and excused myself  and went back to the office. I did not give a second thought to what the strange was talking  about. Part of the down fall to running a pagan shop you get all kinds of crazy  that comes threw the door with all kinds of stories.

So I mix the incense and and asked Seth to bring me a scying mirror. I went about to setting up the altar and when Seth walked in he stop at the door and was frozen in his tracks. I followed his eyes only to see the pages of my book of shadows flipping on there own. I looked at Seth and we both said. "What The Fuck!" We went to the book and the pages stop moving  and was felt open to a spell. Spell to know the unknown. Some one walked into the shop and Seth left the mirror and went to attend to the customer. I had to get to work.

So I filled in the coven as to what is happen and all had reports if unusual things. I told then about how the pages of the book flipped on their own and  the spell it went to. I felt that we had to cast that spell  to see what going on. So we all went to gathered the herbs oils stones and everything that was needed for the spell We gathered back in the temple. and went to work. Mike casted the circle and Kelly called the quarters and Seth and I the Goddess and God. We all joined hands and raised the cone of power. Now it was time to cast the spell  we did all the required  task all was left to was the final incantation. I led the coven in the chant " ut sit lux occulta ignota revelatum est ego nunc scire" Which translates to " let what is hidden come to light the unknown is revealed I now know. We finished our ritual. While we were chatting after the rite Mike started to scream "the blood the blood so much blood" He was caught in a vision  when he came back to reality the told he that he saw nothing but fighting covens and it all ended badly. I said let call it a night and let take the three days before we start to talk about the spell.

The next day I was going threw some old boxes in the storage room of the Magick Shop. I came across this old book that was not mine I thought that it must have belonged to the past owner so I gave him a call only to find out that this book did not belong to him. I sat down at my desk and began to read this book and it talked about  a special time where the gods give up their power to the humans. This took place at a special time called Qwerty.and gave some astrology correspondences. I admit that i am not good when it comes to the stars so I call Jan.

Jan and I was sitting there look at this book  and the info about Qwerty. By Jan's calculations this time was happen now. So we read more about Qwerty. This transference of power has happen only once before. A witch named Kassandra that live in ancient Greece; once performed the ritual and was succeeded only to be destroyed by the power. She went mad and slaughter her whole village including her own children.There was also a warning. "When the time of Qwerty arrives only one with a pure heart can stop the destruction of Qwerty; only if the chosen one can restore the balance." I looked at Jan and asked what she thought. Jan said "We need help let's call on the spirits of the Witches of the Past." So Jan and I set to conjuring the Witches. the said told us to gather the coven and come back.

The coven  just finished the summon spell  and the Witches form the Past arrived. They told us what we read was true that Qwerty was happening. The also stated that that we have to hurry they would lead us to the place but there were others on the same quest. So we had to hurry. The Witches said they would help us for our coven contained the chosen one yet they did not know they were the chosen one. Mike is going led us to the spot he was dreaming about  that was in the middle of the woods. Kelly grabbed some herbs and started to mix up something. She was grabbing herbs left and right. When I asked her what she was making she said she does not know  she was just doing what The Witches told her.

We are all rushing into the woods being led be Mike only to come to a stone altar. I know this place well I come out to this spot often. I never told any one about the spot not even Seth. but the Place was not as remember. The stone was split in half to reveal a metal box. This box must have been buried for lifetimes it was so old I walk up to touch the box only to be stop  by an old woman  she said "I am Kassandra the keeper of Qwerty there are many who would claim this prize. why should you have it?" I looked at her and said "I should not have it but return it to the Gods for there power is great but is not for humans. This power shall have no human claim it." Kassandra replied " the chosen one as arrived and claimed his prize and he shall have all the knowledge of Qwerty." There was this big bright flash of light and the earth started to rumble. I suddenly found my self in my office with drool dripping from my mouth and Seth was standing at the door to my office asking about the new shipment of date books and where to put them.

I got up and gave a stretch to my sleepy muscles and I realized I felt better then ever powerful and full of life. "Qwerty I thought it was more then a dream it was real and I now know the wisdom of true power.








 

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I really like to read your blog and I’m forwarding this award to you: The Liebster. Keep on writing. http://spiritstitch.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-liebster.html

    ReplyDelete